This facility will be a center of expertise and technology open to researchers and students from all over the world.
EFIB is THE market leading annual event in Europe for Industrial Biotechnology and the Bioeconomy.
Here are some of the highlights seen at EFIB 2016:
- Over 650 attendees from throughout the bio-based value chain, including 100 speakers
- Activist, corporate adviser and Former Executive Director of Greenpeace International, Paul Gilding, explored the great disruption opportunity now open to the sector and provided guidance on how to succeed
- The EU’s former Chief Scientific Adviser, Professor Dame Anne Glover CBE FRSE, shared her insights on science, innovation and policy making in the EU
- Industrial biotechnology as an enabler of the future circular economy: a panel was conducted featuring insights from The European Commission’s DG GROW, The Ellen MacArthur Foundation, ecover/method, WRAP, NEN and BBIA
- Brands including IKEA, P&G, PSA Group (Peugeot, Citroën and DS Automobiles), Unilever and Vegware, shared how the supply chain can create more dynamic markets for bio-based by exploring the B2C challenges and opportunities
- 25 presenters across 2 days from 12 countries showcased innovation in bio-based development, including the latest in biochemicals, synthetic biology, and biorefinery scale-up, in the ever popular Innovation Track
- Attendees created their own agenda with 6 different tracks, high-profile plenary sessions, 2 pre-event workshops and pre-event site visits
- EFIB’s first ever PitchFest was a great success, where 10 of today’s best start-ups pitched to and were then grilled by a panel of investors from BASF VC, S’InvesTec, Capricorn Venture Capital, Emerald Technology Ventures and Sofinnova Partners
- The dynamic exhibition area featured the UK Bioeconomy Partners, French, Dutch and Flemish Pavilions and many other stands
- Attendees took full advantage of the 1-1 partnering system to schedule meetings whilst onsite with both new and existing contacts